At the end of September, the brand new high-tech Rewind line OW26T-UW26T just left the doors of new Windak’s Process & Training Center in North Carolina.
It was delivered to one of the major fiber optic cable manufacturers in the USA.
The main feature of the line was the integrated SafeWind unit, which enhances the laying quality and ensures safety during the winding process.
The integrated laying unit mounted on the Take-Up and has guide rollers that are adjusted for the correct cable width by the operator. It is driven by a Motion Control Drive and AC motor.
Laying pitch is set on the main panel and turning points are set by memory. Both pitch and turning points can be fine-tuned during winding (with the remote control). The laying unit is traversed to the side for loading and unloading
of the reels and can be adjusted vertically 16” to have the cable come in straighter to the reel.
FEATURES OF THE LINE:
- Driven Pay-off and Take-up both running in speed mode (sensitive cables) or torque mode (large cables).
- Optimal laying of the cable on the Take-up reel under safe operating conditions.
- The ability to reverse the line with the synchronized unlaying of the cable on the Take-up.
- Remote control of all manual functions- including turn point control while running in automatic.
- All operational parameters are Recipe Controlled.
- Maximum Line speed in “Torque” mode: 100 mpm (328 fpm)
- Maximum Line speed in “Speed” mode: 200 mpm (656 fpm)
- Tension range “Torgue” mode: 7.5- 20 Kg (16.5 – 44 lbs)
- Tension range “Speed” mode: 12- 40 Kg (26 – 88lbs)
- Maximum Reel Size: 2.59m (102″)
- Minimum Reel Size: 760mm (30″)
- Maximum Weight: 7, 250 Kg (16 000 lbs)
Windak Rewind line OW26T-UW26T demonstrated impeccable performance along with the improved ease of use.
Our aim is to combine our engineering and sales experience to develop the most effective and innovative solutions, that would fulfill the growing demand of our customers, decrease production delays and ensure the quality of the final product.
CHECK THE NEW SAFEWIND UNIT by clicking on the picture below: